Breakout rooms allow you to split your Zoom meeting in up to 50 separate sessions. The meeting host can choose to split the participants of the meeting into these separate sessions automatically or manually, or they can allow participants to select and enter breakout sessions as they please. The host can switch between sessions at any time.
Enabling Breakout Rooms
- Click Breakout Rooms.
- Select the number of rooms you would like to create, and how you would like to assign your participants to those rooms:
Automatically: Let Zoom split your participants up evenly into each of the rooms.
Manually: Choose which participants you would like in each room.
Let participants choose room: Participants can select and enter rooms on their own.
- Click Create Breakout Rooms.
- Your rooms will be created, but will not start automatically. You can manage the rooms prior to starting them by following the instructions below.
Assigning participants to rooms
To assign participants to your rooms, select Assign next to the room you wish to assign participants to and select the participants you want to assign to that room. Repeat this for each room.
Once a participant has been assigned (manually or automatically), the number of participants will show in place of the Assign button.
Broadcasting a message to all breakout rooms
- Click Breakout Rooms in the meeting controls.
- Click Broadcast a message to all, enter your message and click Broadcast.
- The message will now appear for all participants in breakout rooms.