Windows / Mac
Open the Zoom Desktop client
If it is not on your desktop, look in the programs list under Zoom or search for Zoom on the computer
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- Select Virtual Background.
Note: If you do not have the Virtual Background tab and you have enabled it on the web portal, sign out of the Zoom Desktop Client and sign in again.
- Check I have a green screen if you have a physical green screen set up. You can then click on your video to select the correct color for the green screen.
- Click on an image to select the desired virtual background or add your own image by clicking + and choosing if you want to upload an image or a video.
If prompted, click Download to download the package for virtual background without a green screen.
- Ensure that you are using a solid background color.
- After you select an option, that virtual background will display during your meetings.
- To disable Virtual Background, choose the option None.
iOS / Android
- Sign into the Zoom mobile app.
- While in a Zoom meeting, tap More in the controls.
- Tap Virtual Background.
- Tap the background you would like to apply or tap + to upload a new image. The background will be automatically applied.
- Tap Close after selecting the background to return to the meeting.
- To disable Virtual Background, open the virtual background options again and choose the option None.